Wednesday 20 July 1955
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of July people in US were listening to (We're Gonna) Rock Around The Clock by Bill Haley and His Comets.
In UK Unchained Melody by Jimmy Young was in the top 5 hits.
The Night of the Hunter, directed by Charles Laughton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while Something Of Value by Robert Ruark was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1955.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 July 1955!
Which were the important events of 20 July 1955 ?
- St. Jerome Aemiliani
- St. Rufina
- St. Flavian
- St. Justa
- St. Margaret of Antioch
- St. Sabinus
- St. Joseph of Barsabas
- Brazil - Friendship Day
- St. Ceslas
- Argentina - Dfa del Amigo (Friendship Day)
- Japan - Marine Day (Umi-no-hi, currently it falls on the third Monday in July.)
- Northern Cyprus - Peace and Freedom Day
- Colombia - Independence Day
- Feast day for at least seventeen saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Aurelius
- St. Wulmar/Ulmar
- St. Severa1
- St. Barhadbesciabas
- St. Severa2
- St. Wilgefortis
- International chess day
- Desmond Douglas: Jamaican-English table tennis player.
- René-Daniel Dubois: Canadian actor and playwright.
- Jem Finer: English banjo player and songwriter (The Pogues).
- Calouste Gulbenkian: Turkish-Armenian businessman and philanthropist (d. 1955).
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1955 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Fats Domino - Ain't It A Shame
- Bill Haley and His Comets - (We're Gonna) Rock Around The Clock
- Frank Sinatra - Learnin' The Blues
- Unchained Melody - Les Baxter & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?