Saturday 20 July 1963
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Surf City by Jan & Dean.
In UK Confessin' by Frank Ifield was in the top 5 hits.
The Thrill of It All, directed by Norman Jewison, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while Grandmother And The Priests by Taylor Caldwell was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1963.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 July 1963!
Which were the important events of 20 July 1963 ?
- St. Jerome Aemiliani
- St. Rufina
- St. Flavian
- St. Justa
- St. Margaret of Antioch
- St. Sabinus
- St. Joseph of Barsabas
- Brazil - Friendship Day
- St. Ceslas
- Argentina - Dfa del Amigo (Friendship Day)
- Japan - Marine Day (Umi-no-hi, currently it falls on the third Monday in July.)
- Northern Cyprus - Peace and Freedom Day
- Colombia - Independence Day
- Feast day for at least seventeen saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Aurelius
- St. Wulmar/Ulmar
- St. Severa1
- St. Barhadbesciabas
- St. Severa2
- St. Wilgefortis
- International chess day
- Jenny Spangler: Monroe, Wisconsin -- Marathoner (1996 Olympics).
- Paula Ivan: Romanian runner (world record mile).
- Frank Whaley: American actor director and screenwriter.
- Alexander Zhulin: Russian ice dancer and coach.
- 17 African states and Madagascar sign peace treaty with EC
- Verne Gagne beats Crusher Lisowski in Minneapolis, to become NWA champ
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Jan & Dean - Surf City
- The Essex - Easier Said Than Done
- The Tymes - So Much In Love
- Rolf Harris - Tie Me Kangaroo Down, Sport
- Lonnie Mack - Memphis
- Little Stevie Wonder - Fingertips - Pt 2
- The Surfaris - Wipe Out
- Kyu Sakamoto - Sukiyaki
- Elvis Presley - (You're The) Devil In Disguise
- Marvin Gaye - Pride And Joy
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?