Wednesday 20 July 1966
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Hanky Panky by Tommy James and the Shondells.
In UK Sunny Afternoon by The Kinks was in the top 5 hits.
Torn Curtain, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Valley Of The Dolls by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 July 1966!
Which were the important events of 20 July 1966 ?
- St. Jerome Aemiliani
- St. Rufina
- St. Flavian
- St. Justa
- St. Margaret of Antioch
- St. Sabinus
- St. Joseph of Barsabas
- Brazil - Friendship Day
- St. Ceslas
- Argentina - Dfa del Amigo (Friendship Day)
- Japan - Marine Day (Umi-no-hi, currently it falls on the third Monday in July.)
- Northern Cyprus - Peace and Freedom Day
- Colombia - Independence Day
- Feast day for at least seventeen saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Aurelius
- St. Wulmar/Ulmar
- St. Severa1
- St. Barhadbesciabas
- St. Severa2
- St. Wilgefortis
- International chess day
- Stone Gossard: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Pearl Jam Mother Love Bone Brad Temple of the Dog and Green River).
- Agot Isidro: Filipino actress and singer.
- Beth Coats: Albuquerque, New Mexico -- Biathelete (1994 Olympics).
- Mike Pero: Picton, Ontario -- Canadian Tour golfer (1990 CPGA Winter).
- Tracey Mcfarlane: US breaststroke swimmer (US record 100m).
- Anton du Beke: British ballroom dancer
- Enrique Pena Nieto: American politician
- Anton Beke: Dancer
- Enrique Nieto: World Leader
- Julien Carette: Dies of burns at 68.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Troggs - Wild Thing
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Hanky Panky
- The Beatles - Paperback Writer
- Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs - Lil' Red Riding Hood
- The Cyrkle - Red Rubber Ball
- Crispian St. Peters - The Pied Piper
- Dusty Springfield - You Don't Have To Say You Love Me
- The Mamas and The Papas - I Saw Her Again
- Paul Revere and the Raiders - Hungry
- Tommy Roe - Sweet Pea
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?