Wednesday 20 July 1966
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Beth Coats and Mike Pero.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Hanky Panky by Tommy James and the Shondells.
In UK Sunny Afternoon by The Kinks was in the top 5 hits.
Torn Curtain, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Valley Of The Dolls by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Dark Shadows.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cyborg 009.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 July 1966!
Which were the important events of 20 July 1966 ?
- St. Jerome Aemiliani
- St. Rufina
- St. Flavian
- St. Justa
- St. Margaret of Antioch
- St. Sabinus
- St. Joseph of Barsabas
- Brazil - Friendship Day
- St. Ceslas
- Argentina - Dfa del Amigo (Friendship Day)
- Japan - Marine Day (Umi-no-hi, currently it falls on the third Monday in July.)
- Northern Cyprus - Peace and Freedom Day
- Colombia - Independence Day
- Feast day for at least seventeen saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Aurelius
- St. Wulmar/Ulmar
- St. Severa1
- St. Barhadbesciabas
- St. Severa2
- St. Wilgefortis
- International chess day
- Beth Coats: Albuquerque, New Mexico -- Biathelete (1994 Olympics).
- Mike Pero: Picton, Ontario -- Canadian Tour golfer (1990 CPGA Winter).
- Tracey Mcfarlane: US breaststroke swimmer (US record 100m).
- Anton du Beke: British ballroom dancer.
- Enrique Pena Nieto: American politician.
- Anton Beke: Dancer
- Enrique Nieto: World Leader
- Stone Gossard: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Pearl Jam Mother Love Bone Brad Temple of the Dog and Green River)
- Agot Isidro: Filipino actress and singer
- Julien Carette: Dies of burns at 68.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Hanky Panky
- The Troggs - Wild Thing
- Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs - Lil' Red Riding Hood
- Crispian St. Peters - The Pied Piper
- Dusty Springfield - You Don't Have To Say You Love Me
- The Beatles - Paperback Writer
- Paul Revere and the Raiders - Hungry
- The Cyrkle - Red Rubber Ball
- The Mamas and The Papas - I Saw Her Again
- Tommy Roe - Sweet Pea
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?