Tuesday 20 July 1971
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ron Stone and Tom Tovo.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Indian Reservation (The Lament Of The Cherokee Reservation Indian) by The Raiders.
In UK Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep by Middle Of The Road was in the top 5 hits.
The Devils, directed by Ken Russell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Passions Of The Mind by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Guardians.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Computer Space or Star Trek.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 July 1971!
Which were the important events of 20 July 1971 ?
- St. Jerome Aemiliani
- St. Rufina
- St. Flavian
- St. Justa
- St. Margaret of Antioch
- St. Sabinus
- St. Joseph of Barsabas
- Brazil - Friendship Day
- St. Ceslas
- Argentina - Dfa del Amigo (Friendship Day)
- Japan - Marine Day (Umi-no-hi, currently it falls on the third Monday in July.)
- Northern Cyprus - Peace and Freedom Day
- Colombia - Independence Day
- Feast day for at least seventeen saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Aurelius
- St. Wulmar/Ulmar
- St. Severa1
- St. Barhadbesciabas
- St. Severa2
- St. Wilgefortis
- International chess day
- Ron Stone: NFL (Dallas Cowboys).
- Tom Tovo: WLAF defensive tackle (London Monarchs).
- William Deering Jr: South Bend, Indiana -- Pole vaulter.
- Ed Giddins: English cricketer.
- Charles Johnson: American baseball player, a right-handed catcher with the Florida Marlins, Los Angeles Dodgers, Baltimore Orioles, Chicago White Sox, Colorado Rockies and Tampa Bay Devil Rays between 1994 and 2005.
- Jason Loewenstein: American rock musician and member of the alternative rock group Sebadoh and The Fiery Furnaces. He plays various instruments and writes songs as well.
- DJ Screw: American hip hop deejay (d. 2000)
- Sandra Oh: Korean Canadian actress
- The Soviet Union says it will support the People's Republic of China's admission to the United Nations
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Raiders - Indian Reservation (The Lament Of The Cherokee Reservation Indian)
- Carole King - It's Too Late
- James Taylor - You've Got A Friend
- Hamilton, Joe Frank & Reynolds - Don't Pull Your Love
- Jean Knight - Mr. Big Stuff
- Cornelius Brothers & Sister Rose - Treat Her Like A Lady
- Tommy James - Draggin' The Line
- Bee Gees - How Can You Mend A Broken Heart
- John Denver - Take Me Home, Country Roads
- The Grass Roots - Sooner Or Later
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?