Wednesday 20 July 1988
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Hold On To The Nights by Richard Marx.
In UK Nothing's Gonna Change My Love For You by Glenn Medeiros was in the top 5 hits.
Die Hard, directed by John McTiernan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1988
while Alaska by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1988.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 July 1988!
Which were the important events of 20 July 1988 ?
- St. Jerome Aemiliani
- St. Rufina
- St. Flavian
- St. Justa
- St. Margaret of Antioch
- St. Sabinus
- St. Joseph of Barsabas
- Brazil - Friendship Day
- St. Ceslas
- Argentina - Dfa del Amigo (Friendship Day)
- Japan - Marine Day (Umi-no-hi, currently it falls on the third Monday in July.)
- Northern Cyprus - Peace and Freedom Day
- Colombia - Independence Day
- Feast day for at least seventeen saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Aurelius
- St. Wulmar/Ulmar
- St. Severa1
- St. Barhadbesciabas
- St. Severa2
- St. Wilgefortis
- International chess day
- Julianne Hough American ballroom dancer: actress, singer.
- Julianne Hough: Dancer.
- Damian Sanders: YouTube Star.
- Stephen Strasburg: American baseball player.
- Michael Dukakis selected Democratic presidential nominee
- The Democratic National Convention in Atlanta, Georgia nominates Michael Dukakis for U.S. President and Lloyd Bentsen for Vice President.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1988 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?