Saturday 20 June 1914
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Stuart Webbs: Das Panzergewölbe, directed by Joe May, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1914.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 June 1914!
Which were the important events of 20 June 1914 ?
- American Radio Relay League ? Bring your Handy-Talky to Work Day
- West Virginia ? West Virginia Day.
- Flag Day in Argentina (1938).
- UNHCR - World Refugee Day.
- Ancient Latvia ? Zalu Diena.
- Roman Empire ? Festival in honor of Summanus.
- Day of The Royal Victorian Order.
- Friedrich Zipp: Composer.
- Zelda : Israeli poet and educator (d. 1984).
- Gordon Juckes: Canadian ice hockey player (d. 1994).
- Muazzez Çığ: Turkish archaeologist and academic.
- Albrecht Brandi: Germany Military man.
- Max Douy: French art director. Douy begun to work at the age of 16 and worked for 12 years as an assistant art director with most of the great designers of the 1930s (Jacques Colombier, Lucien Aguettand, Guy de Castyne). Later he worked in collaboration with Eugene Lourié on Jean Renoir’s La Bête humaine and La Règle du jeu. His way of working involved close preproduction with the director and team members. As an art director he designed the decors for films, stage plays, and television. He prepared drawi
- 46th Belmont: Merritt Buxton aboard Luke McLuke wins in 2:20
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1914 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- That's a Real Moving Picture from Life - Manuel Romain
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?