Monday 20 June 1927
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
The Way of All Flesh, directed by Victor Fleming, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1927.
Have a look at the old newspapers from 20 June 1927 and get them!
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 20 June 1927 ?
- American Radio Relay League ? Bring your Handy-Talky to Work Day
- West Virginia ? West Virginia Day.
- Flag Day in Argentina (1938).
- UNHCR - World Refugee Day.
- Ancient Latvia ? Zalu Diena.
- Roman Empire ? Festival in honor of Summanus.
- Day of The Royal Victorian Order.
See other famous people born on 20 June
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in June 1927?
- Time: TIME Magazine Cover: Brig. General Butler -- June 20, 1927
- Science: Science vol. 65 issue 1694
- Time: Senior conductor on the New York Central Railroad
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Sinclair Lewis’ world-famous satire of religious hypocrisy and the excesses of the Roaring ʼ20s. Universally recognized as a landmark in American literature, Elmer Gantry scandalized readers when it was first published, causing Sinclair Lewis to be “invited” to a jail ...
1927. Although his first book was about English romance, Newton Booth Tarkington, winner of two Pulitzer Prizes, for The Magnificent Ambersons and Alice Adams, came to be known for his comical (and almost cynical) style of the Lost Generation that ...
1927. Warwick, a best-selling novelist in both Europe and America in the 1920s and 1930s, became a household name in the years following the publication of Sorrell and Son.
Set in England in the 1920's the story is about a father's love, devotion and sacrifice for his beloved son. Captain Sorrell returns from the war to find his wife has left him with sole responsibility for their son Kit.
Tell the world why 20 June 1927 is such a special date for you!