Tuesday 20 June 1939
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-René Fourtou and Michael Buckley.
Five Came Back, directed by John Farrow, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 June 1939!
Which were the important events of 20 June 1939 ?
- American Radio Relay League ? Bring your Handy-Talky to Work Day
- West Virginia ? West Virginia Day.
- Flag Day in Argentina (1938).
- UNHCR - World Refugee Day.
- Ancient Latvia ? Zalu Diena.
- Roman Empire ? Festival in honor of Summanus.
- Day of The Royal Victorian Order.
- Jean-René Fourtou: French businessman, honorary chairman of the supervisory board of Vivendi, a French multinational mass media company headquartered in Paris.
- Michael Buckley: English civil servant.
- Ramakant Desai: Indian cricketer (Born 1939).
- Budge Rogers: English rugby player and manager.
- Test flight of first rocket plane using liquid propellants.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?