Thursday 20 June 1940
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include William Avery and Marcel Duriez.
Tom Brown's School Days, directed by Robert Stevenson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 June 1940!
Which were the important events of 20 June 1940 ?
- American Radio Relay League ? Bring your Handy-Talky to Work Day
- West Virginia ? West Virginia Day.
- Flag Day in Argentina (1938).
- UNHCR - World Refugee Day.
- Ancient Latvia ? Zalu Diena.
- Roman Empire ? Festival in honor of Summanus.
- Day of The Royal Victorian Order.
- William Avery: American CEO of Crown Cork & Seal, specializing in merchandise marketing of the bottling and canning company.
- Marcel Duriez: French field and track star, 110m hurdles, who competed in the Olympics in Tokyo in 1964 and in Mexico City in 1968.
- Charles Rothenberg: American infamous arsonist, convicted in 1983 of one of the most heinous crimes imaginable, that of setting his son on fire.
- Mark Savan: American broadcaster, a disk jockey and commentator with KFWB, bright, articulate and personable.
- Eugen Drewermann: German priest and theologian.
- John Mahoney: Manchester, England -- Actor (Fraiser, Frantic, 8 Men Out)
- Jehan Alain: French musician, an organist and composer.
- Joe Louis TKOs Arturo Godoy in 8 for heavyweight boxing title
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?