Sunday 20 June 1943
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Stage Door Canteen, directed by Frank Borzage, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1943.
Have a look at the old newspapers from 20 June 1943 and get them!
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 20 June 1943 ?
- American Radio Relay League ? Bring your Handy-Talky to Work Day
- West Virginia ? West Virginia Day.
- Flag Day in Argentina (1938).
- UNHCR - World Refugee Day.
- Ancient Latvia ? Zalu Diena.
- Roman Empire ? Festival in honor of Summanus.
- Day of The Royal Victorian Order.
See other famous people born on 20 June
- Congress of Racial Equality (CORE) founded
- Detroit race riot kills 35
- German round up Jews in Amsterdam
- National Congress of Racial Equality (CORE) organizes
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in June 1943?
- Life: High school graduation
- Time: TIME Magazine Cover: Harold D. Smith -- June 14, 1943
- Life: Marine ace Joe Foss
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
A Roman soldier, Marcellus, wins Christ's robe as a gambling prize. He then sets forth on a quest to find the truth about the Nazarene's robe-a quest that reaches to the very roots and heart of Christianity and is set ...
Originally published in 1942, The Valley of Decision was an instant success, and its story of four generations of the Scott family—owners and operators of a Pittsburgh iron and steel works—has since captured the imagination of generations of readers.
The story of a boy from a small New England town, aviator in World War I, then newspaper man, play doctor, movie script rewriter. The story of his married life, his work, his worries, his search for security, his attempt ...
The beloved American classic about a young girl's coming-of-age at the turn of the century, Betty Smith's A Tree Grows in Brooklyn is a poignant and moving tale filled with compassion and cruelty, laughter and heartache, crowded with life and ...
Tell the world why 20 June 1943 is such a special date for you!