Saturday 20 June 1959
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Louise Bessette and Otávio Mesquita.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to The Battle Of New Orleans by Johnny Horton.
In UK Roulette by Russ Conway was in the top 5 hits.
Darby O'Gill and the Little People, directed by Robert Stevenson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while The Ugly American by William J. Lederer and Eugene Burdick was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 June 1959!
Which were the important events of 20 June 1959 ?
- American Radio Relay League ? Bring your Handy-Talky to Work Day
- West Virginia ? West Virginia Day.
- Flag Day in Argentina (1938).
- UNHCR - World Refugee Day.
- Ancient Latvia ? Zalu Diena.
- Roman Empire ? Festival in honor of Summanus.
- Day of The Royal Victorian Order.
- Louise Bessette: Canadian pianist of international repute, she has performed with many of the best orchestras in the world.
- Otávio Mesquita: Brazilian TV host and MC of variety programs.
- Karen Payne: Family Member.
- Hitoshi Ashida: Japanese politician, dies at 71.
- A rare June hurricane struck Canada's Gulf of St. Lawrence killing 35.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 20 June 1959
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Johnny Horton - The Battle Of New Orleans
- Lloyd Price - Personality
- Bobby Darin - Dream Lover
- Martin Denny - Quiet Village
- Wilbert Harrison - Kansas City
- Dion and the Belmonts - A Teenager In Love
- Freddy Cannon - Tallahassee Lassie
- Paul Anka - Lonely Boy
- Edward Byrnes - Kookie, Kookie (Lend Me Your Comb)
- Franck Pourcel's French Fiddles - Only You
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?