Monday 20 June 1966
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Paperback Writer by The Beatles.
In UK Strangers In The Night by Frank Sinatra was in the top 5 hits.
Born Free, directed by James Hill, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Valley Of The Dolls by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 June 1966!
Which were the important events of 20 June 1966 ?
- American Radio Relay League ? Bring your Handy-Talky to Work Day
- West Virginia ? West Virginia Day.
- Flag Day in Argentina (1938).
- UNHCR - World Refugee Day.
- Ancient Latvia ? Zalu Diena.
- Roman Empire ? Festival in honor of Summanus.
- Day of The Royal Victorian Order.
- Boaz Yakin: American director producer and screenwriter.
- 66th US Golf Open: Billy Casper shoots a 278 at Olympic Country Club - San Francisco
- Sheila Scott completes 1st round-the-world solo flight by a woman
- French President Charles De Gaulle starts his visit to the Soviet Union.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Rolling Stones - Paint It, Black
- The Beatles - Paperback Writer
- Frank Sinatra - Strangers In The Night
- The Lovin' Spoonful - Did You Ever Have To Make Up Your Mind?
- The Cyrkle - Red Rubber Ball
- Simon and Garfunkel - I Am A Rock
- Dusty Springfield - You Don't Have To Say You Love Me
- The Capitols - Cool Jerk
- Robert Parker - Barefootin'
- The Chiffons - Sweet Talkin' Guy
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?