Tuesday 20 June 1967
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Pat Jablonski and Joseph William.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Groovin' by The Young Rascals.
In UK A Whiter Shade Of Pale by Procol Harum was in the top 5 hits.
The Dirty Dozen, directed by Robert Aldrich, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Eighth Day by Thornton Wilder was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Coronet Blue.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1967.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 June 1967!
Which were the important events of 20 June 1967 ?
- American Radio Relay League ? Bring your Handy-Talky to Work Day
- West Virginia ? West Virginia Day.
- Flag Day in Argentina (1938).
- UNHCR - World Refugee Day.
- Ancient Latvia ? Zalu Diena.
- Roman Empire ? Festival in honor of Summanus.
- Day of The Royal Victorian Order.
- Pat Jablonski: Toledo, Ohio -- NHL goalie (Montreal Canadiens).
- Joseph William: Cathcart; rock guitarist (Nelson - "Love and Affection").
- Jerome Fontamillas: American musician (Switchfoot).
- Gianni Fantoni: Italian writer, actor, comedian, author and host of radio and television programs.
- Nicole Kidman: American actress known for her spirited roles and for her marriage to heartthrob Tom Cruise.
- Dan Tyminski: American bluegrass composer, vocalist, and instrumentalist. He is a member of the band Alison Krauss and Union Station and has released two solo albums, Carry Me Across the Mountain (2000), on the Doobie Shea Records label, and Wheels (2008), on the Rounder Records label.
- Muhammad Ali convicted of refusing induction into armed services
- Phillies Larry Jackson beats New York Mets for 18th straight time
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Young Rascals - Groovin'
- Aretha Franklin - Respect
- The Turtles - She'd Rather Be With Me
- The Association - Windy
- The Music Explosion - Little Bit O'Soul
- Scott McKenzie - San Francisco (Be Sure To Wear Flowers In Your Hair)
- Jefferson Airplane - Somebody To Love
- Frankie Valli - Can't Take My Eyes Off You
- Spanky and Our Gang - Sunday Will Never Be The Same
- The Grass Roots - Let's Live For Today
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?