Saturday 20 June 1970
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to The Long And Winding Road by The Beatles.
In UK In The Summertime by Mungo Jerry was in the top 5 hits.
Chisum, directed by Andrew V. McLaglen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The French Lieutenant'S Woman by John Fowles was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1970.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 June 1970!
Which were the important events of 20 June 1970 ?
- American Radio Relay League ? Bring your Handy-Talky to Work Day
- West Virginia ? West Virginia Day.
- Flag Day in Argentina (1938).
- UNHCR - World Refugee Day.
- Ancient Latvia ? Zalu Diena.
- Roman Empire ? Festival in honor of Summanus.
- Day of The Royal Victorian Order.
- Jason Brown: American playwright and composer.
- Moulay: Prince Moulay Rachid of Morocco.
- Athol Williams: South African poet and social philosopher.
- Prince Moulay: Rachid of Morocco.
- La Pina: Italian rapper, radio host and television presenter.
- Bruce Woodcock: American computer games analyst
- Andrea Nahles: German politician, Bundestag representative for the Social Democratic Party of Germany (SPD) and former SPD Youth leader.
- Ray Stevens Show, debuts on NBC-TV
- British government of Edward Heath forms (with Margaret Thatcher)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - The Long And Winding Road
- The Jackson 5 - The Love You Save
- The Poppy Family - Which Way You Goin' Billy?
- Rare Earth - Get Ready
- Three Dog Night - Mama Told Me (Not To Come)
- The Temptations - Ball Of Confusion (That's What The World Is Today)
- The Moments - Love On A Two-Way Street
- Joe Cocker - The Letter
- Vanity Fare - Hitchin' A Ride
- Melanie - Lay Down (Candles In The Rain)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?