Thursday 20 June 1974
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Billy, Don't Be A Hero by Bo Donaldson & The Heywoods.
In UK The Streak by Ray Stevens was in the top 5 hits.
Where the Red Fern Grows, directed by Norman Tokar, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Watership Down by Richard Adams was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1974.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 June 1974!
Which were the important events of 20 June 1974 ?
- American Radio Relay League ? Bring your Handy-Talky to Work Day
- West Virginia ? West Virginia Day.
- Flag Day in Argentina (1938).
- UNHCR - World Refugee Day.
- Ancient Latvia ? Zalu Diena.
- Roman Empire ? Festival in honor of Summanus.
- Day of The Royal Victorian Order.
- Jami Ferrell: Munncie, Indiana -- Playmate (Jan 1997).
- Attila Czene: Hungarian swimmer and politician.
- Lenin Sivam: Sri Lankan-Canadian director producer and screenwriter.
- Uğur Taner: Turkish swimmer.
- Tuta : Brazilian footballer.
- Horace Lindrum: Australian snooker and billiards player (Born 1912).
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bo Donaldson & The Heywoods - Billy, Don't Be A Hero
- The Stylistics - You Make Me Feel Brand New
- Gordon Lightfoot - Sundown
- Ray Stevens - The Streak
- William DeVaughn - Be Thankful For What You Got
- Paul McCartney - Band On The Run
- Olivia Newton-John - If You Love Me (Let Me Know)
- Jackson 5 - Dancing Machine
- Kool & The Gang - Hollywood Swinging
- Marvin Hamlisch - The Entertainer
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?