Monday 20 June 1983
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Grace Potter and Darren Sproles.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Flashdance...What A Feeling by Irene Cara.
In UK Every Breath You Take by The Police was in the top 5 hits.
Twilight Zone: The Movie, directed by Joe Dante, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1983
while Return Of The Jedi by Joan D. Vinge was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Konsul Möllers Erben.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Alpha Beam with Ernie or Atic Atac.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 June 1983!
Which were the important events of 20 June 1983 ?
- American Radio Relay League ? Bring your Handy-Talky to Work Day
- West Virginia ? West Virginia Day.
- Flag Day in Argentina (1938).
- UNHCR - World Refugee Day.
- Ancient Latvia ? Zalu Diena.
- Roman Empire ? Festival in honor of Summanus.
- Day of The Royal Victorian Order.
- Grace Potter: Singer and guitarist with Grace Potter and the Nocturnals, formed in Vermont in 2002, their success went international with the release of their third, self-titled album in 2010.
- Darren Sproles: American football player.
- Josh Childress: American basketball player.
- Masashi Mikami: Japanese actor.
- Cherrie Ying: Taiwanese-Hong Kong actress.
- 83rd US Golf Open: Larry Nelson shoots a 280 at Oakmont Country Club - Pennsylvania
- New York Yankees' Bobby Murcer retires.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 20 June 1983
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1983 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Irene Cara - Flashdance...What A Feeling
- Culture Club - Time (Clock Of The Heart)
- Eddy Grant - Electric Avenue
- The Police - Every Breath You Take
- David Bowie - Let's Dance
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - Family Man
- Styx - Don't Let It End
- Sergio Mendes - Never Gonna Let You Go
- Rick Springfield - Affair Of The Heart
- Kajagoogoo - Too Shy
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?