Wednesday 20 June 2007
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Umbrella by Rihanna.
Transformers, directed by Michael Bay, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2007.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 June 2007!
Which were the important events of 20 June 2007 ?
- American Radio Relay League ? Bring your Handy-Talky to Work Day
- West Virginia ? West Virginia Day.
- Flag Day in Argentina (1938).
- UNHCR - World Refugee Day.
- Ancient Latvia ? Zalu Diena.
- Roman Empire ? Festival in honor of Summanus.
- Day of The Royal Victorian Order.
- Ella Gordon: American child of noted parents, NASCAR racer, Jeff Gordon and his Belgian model-actress wife, Ingrid Vandebosch.
- A fire in a Russian nursing home in Omsk kills at least ten people. (BBC)
- The Special Court for Sierra Leone issues the first-ever guilty verdicts by an international court related to the military use of children. (BBC)
- The government of Dubai announces that it has purchased the RMS ''Queen Elizabeth 2'' from Cunard Line for US$100-million. It intends to turn her into a floating hotel at the Palm Jumeirah when she leaves service in late 2008. (AFP via Yahoo! News)
- Nursultan Nazarbayev, President of Kazakhstan, dissolves parliament, triggering a legislative election for August 18, 2007. (BBC)
- Ehud Barak, the new Minister for Defense, states that Israel will admit ampquothumanitarian casesampquot of Palestinians fleeing the Hamas-controlled Gaza Strip. (AP via CBC)
- The Prime Minister of Australia, John Howard, announces plans to buy three Spanish-designed warships and two large Spanish landing ships for the Royal Australian Navy at a cost of $A11-billion. (AAP via the West Australian)
- The Sri Lankan military claims to have killed 30 members of the Tamil Tigers in overnight clashes in the east of the country. (BBC)
- Industrial action in Nigeria over increases in fuel duty and a doubling of sales tax is stepped up to become a general strike. (BBC)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?