Saturday 20 June 2009
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Boom Boom Pow by The Black Eyed Peas.
My Sister's Keeper, directed by Nick Cassavetes, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while New Moon by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Video Games AWESOME!.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Aqua Moto Racing or Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars – Director's Cut.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 June 2009!
Which were the important events of 20 June 2009 ?
- American Radio Relay League ? Bring your Handy-Talky to Work Day
- West Virginia ? West Virginia Day.
- Flag Day in Argentina (1938).
- UNHCR - World Refugee Day.
- Ancient Latvia ? Zalu Diena.
- Roman Empire ? Festival in honor of Summanus.
- Day of The Royal Victorian Order.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 20 June
- Ground is broken in New Mexico, USA, on the construction site of Spaceport America, the world's first purpose-built commercial spaceport. It will cost the New Mexico government almost US$200 million.
- The death of Neda Agha-Soltan, an Iranian student shot during a protest, is captured on what soon becomes a viral video that helps to turn Neda into an international symbol of the civil unrest following the presidential election.
- Riot police clash with protesters in Tehran. (BBC)
- A suicide bomb reportedly explodes at the shrine of former Grand Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini. (Press TV)
- Mir-Hossein Mousavi renews calls for the election results to be annulled. (Xinhua)
- The Guardian Council announces it will randomly recount 10% of ballot boxes. (Sify)
- A sunken ship believed to carry over US$15 million in gold is located in the Magellan Straits off the coast of Argentina. (BBC)
- The United States admits its forces failed to follow their own rules in an Afghan airstrike that may have led up to 140 civilian deaths. (RTÉ)
- A New Zealand jury convicts Nai Yin Xue, who sparked an international hunt in 2007, of murdering his wife. (Melbourne Herald Sun)
- Greece's Acropolis Museum in Athens is unveiled. (BBC)
- The bodies of two British hostages in Iraq are discovered. (''The Telegraph'')
- Attacks on Romanians in Belfast
- An anti-racism rally is held in Belfast following the removal of 100 Romanian people from their homes. (BBC)
- Two teenagers are charged in connection with the attacks. (RTÉ)
- ''New York Times'' reporter David S. Rohde, kidnapped by the Taliban seven months ago, escapes. (''The New York Times'')
- Indian troops enter Lalgarh, a Maoist stronghold in West Bengal, claiming a partial victory. (Al Jazeera)
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2009 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?