Friday 20 March 1914
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Perils of Pauline, directed by Louis J. Gasnier, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1914.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 March 1914!
Which were the important events of 20 March 1914 ?
- Feast of St. Cuthbert, patron saint of Northumbria (died 704)
- Saint Alexandra
- Saint Herbert (died 687)
- Canberra Day
- Meat Out Day
- International Astrology Day
- New Year of Iranian Calendar: Norouz occurs on the vernal equinox.
- The second day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- The vernal equinox usually occurs on this day.
- Saint Wulfram (d.704)
- Sviatosiav Richter: Zhitomir, Ukraine -- Pianist (Stalin Prize-1945).
- Roger Ockrent: Belgian lawyer, politician, diplomat, and author.
- Wendell Corey: American actor and politician (d. 1968).
- 1st international figure-skating tournament held in US, New Haven
- In New Haven, Connecticut, the first international figure skating championship takes place.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1914 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Comin' Thro' the Rye - Nellie Melba
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?