Saturday 20 March 1920
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Douglas G and Marian McPartland jazz pianist (Bill Mayer.
The Virgin of Stamboul, directed by Tod Browning, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 March 1920!
Which were the important events of 20 March 1920 ?
- Feast of St. Cuthbert, patron saint of Northumbria (died 704)
- Saint Alexandra
- Saint Herbert (died 687)
- Canberra Day
- Meat Out Day
- International Astrology Day
- New Year of Iranian Calendar: Norouz occurs on the vernal equinox.
- The second day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- The vernal equinox usually occurs on this day.
- Saint Wulfram (d.704)
- Douglas G: Chapman biomathematical statistician.
- Marian McPartland jazz pianist (Bill Mayer: Jimmy McPartland).
- Gilbert Carpentier: French producer of very popular TV shows in France, from the 1950s to the 1990s.
- Andrée Chedid: French-Egyptian poet, journalist, and novelist of Lebanese descent, mother of Louis (singer) and Michèle, and Matthieu's grand-mother (singer).
- Pamela Harriman: British noted family, the third daughter of Lord Digby and the wife of Randolph Churchill in 1939 (the son of Winston Churchill); they divorced in 1945.
- Vickie Panos: Canadian baseball player
- Rosemary Timperley: English author and screenwriter (d. 1988)
- Venustiano Carranza President of Mexico (1915-20): murdered at age 60.
- US Mens Figure Skating championship won by Sherwin Badger
- US Ladies Figure Skating Championship won by Theresa Weld.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 20 March 1920
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1920 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Al Jolson - You Ain't Heard Nothin' Yet
- Tents of Arabs - Conway's Band
- Where the Lanterns Glow - Fred Van Eps (as Van Eps Trio)
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?