Tuesday 20 March 1928
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Christopher Benstead and Jerome Cousins Biffle.
The Trail of '98, directed by Clarence Brown, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 March 1928!
Which were the important events of 20 March 1928 ?
- Feast of St. Cuthbert, patron saint of Northumbria (died 704)
- Saint Alexandra
- Saint Herbert (died 687)
- Canberra Day
- Meat Out Day
- International Astrology Day
- New Year of Iranian Calendar: Norouz occurs on the vernal equinox.
- The second day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- The vernal equinox usually occurs on this day.
- Saint Wulfram (d.704)
- Christopher Benstead: Race horse trainer.
- Jerome Cousins Biffle: Denver, Colorado -- Long jumper (1952 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Anthony Blond British publisher (The Publishing Game: Book Book).
- Mr [Fred McFeely] Rogers in Latrobe: Pennsylvania, USA; children's television host (Mr Roger's Neighborhood).
- Jerome Biffle: American Olympian in track and field, he won a Gold Medal in the 1952 Olympics for the long jump.
- Fred Rogers: American actor who specializes in children's TV under the name Mr. Rogers, a writer of children’s literature and a screenwriter and producer. The end of an era was marked on 8/31/2001 when Fred Rogers greeted youngsters for the last time on his PBS TV show, "Mister Rogers's Neighborhood." He's had a run of 34 years and the show’s producers hope to segue into reruns with little or no disruption for the 3- to 6-year-olds who consider the cardigan-wearing Rogers as family.
- Sigi Ziering: German-American medical engineering technician and CEO of Diagnostic Products. One of the nations largest medical testing maven, with laboratories across the U.S. Ziering has a BS, MA and Ph.D. in Physics and his wife runs the marketing division of the company.
- James Gordon: American physicist and engineer (d. 2013)
- Fred Rogers: American children's television host (d. 2003).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 20 March 1928
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?