Friday 20 March 1931
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Mary, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 March 1931!
Which were the important events of 20 March 1931 ?
- Feast of St. Cuthbert, patron saint of Northumbria (died 704)
- Saint Alexandra
- Saint Herbert (died 687)
- Canberra Day
- Meat Out Day
- International Astrology Day
- New Year of Iranian Calendar: Norouz occurs on the vernal equinox.
- The second day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- The vernal equinox usually occurs on this day.
- Saint Wulfram (d.704)
- Hal Linden [Harold Lipshitz] in the Bronx: New York, USA; actor (Barney Miller, Blacke's Magic, Rothchild).
- Hal Linden: American actor singer and director.
- Rein Raamat: Estonian director and screenwriter.
- Andrew Craig: American banker and CEO in charge of Boatmen's Bancshares, a solid financial banking institution.
- Jean Zagers: Belgium sport Champion.
- Antonio Tauriello: Composer
- David Montgomery: Chairman (British Forestry Commission)
- John Rae: British educator (Conscience & Politics)
- Hermann Muller: American geneticist and biologist Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1967).
- Bishop Schreiber warns against national-socialism in Berlin.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 20 March 1931 and get them!