Monday 20 March 1933
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Christopher Strong, directed by Dorothy Arzner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1933.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 March 1933!
Which were the important events of 20 March 1933 ?
- Feast of St. Cuthbert, patron saint of Northumbria (died 704)
- Saint Alexandra
- Saint Herbert (died 687)
- Canberra Day
- Meat Out Day
- International Astrology Day
- New Year of Iranian Calendar: Norouz occurs on the vernal equinox.
- The second day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- The vernal equinox usually occurs on this day.
- Saint Wulfram (d.704)
- Mae Wilson-Ludlam: American astrologer and author, in professional practice sine the late '60s.
- Lateef Adegbite: Nigerian lawyer and politician (d. 2012).
- George Altman: American baseball player.
- Alexander Gorodnitsky: Russian geologist and poet.
- Renato Salvatori: Actor (Burn, Luna, 2 Women).
- Ian Walsh: Australian rugby player and coach (d. 2013)
- David James Moore: Educationalist
- Jacquez Guyonnet: Composer
- Mel Tappan: American Survivalist and writer, who served as editor of the newsletter "Personal Survival ("P.S.") Letter" (1977-1982) and the books "Survival Guns" (1977) and "Tappan on Survival" (1980). Tappan was an influential leader of the Survivalist movement who advocated relocation to and preparation of survival retreats in lightly populated regions. He did so himself, moving to Rogue River, Oregon for the last years of his life. He died on 2 November 1980 from congestive heart failure at age 47.
- Giuseppe [Joe]: Zangara electrocuted for assassination attempt on Franklin Roosevelt.
- Dachau, 1st concentration camp, completed
- Giuseppe Zangara is executed in Florida's electric chair for fatally shooting Anton Cermak in an assassination attempt against President Franklin D. Roosevelt.
- Dachau, the first Nazi concentration camp, is completed (it opens March 22).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?