Tuesday 20 March 1934
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Crown of Thorns, directed by Robert Wiene, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1934.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 March 1934!
Which were the important events of 20 March 1934 ?
- Feast of St. Cuthbert, patron saint of Northumbria (died 704)
- Saint Alexandra
- Saint Herbert (died 687)
- Canberra Day
- Meat Out Day
- International Astrology Day
- New Year of Iranian Calendar: Norouz occurs on the vernal equinox.
- The second day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- The vernal equinox usually occurs on this day.
- Saint Wulfram (d.704)
- Eric Hebborn: Artist / faker.
- Marion Conti arch bishop (Aberdeen: England).
- Frank Capra: American producer in New York, noted family, the son of Frank and Lucille Warner Capra.
- Willie Brown: American politician, the two-term mayor of San Francisco, first elected on December 12, 1995, the city's first African-American mayor, and sworn in on January 8, 1996.
- Renato Salvatori: Italian actor, a ruggedly handsome man portrayed in supporting and leading roles.
- Shirley Soffer: American professional astrologer, teacher, lecturer, and writer based in New York City, she is also Education Director of the National Council for Geocosmic Research - Professional Astrologers' Alliance (NCGR-PAA) since its inception in 2009. Prior to that, from 2004-2009, she was Education Co-Director, then full Director of NCGR. Soffer has been involved in organizational work in astrology in various capacities since 2001.
- David Malouf: Australian author and playwright
- Queen Emma: of the Netherlands (Born 1858).
- Female Babe Didrickson pitches hitless inning for Philadelphia Athletics in exhibition game against Brooklyn Dodgers
- Rudolf Kuhnold demonstrates radar in Kiel Germany
- Test of practical radar apparatus made by Rudolf Kuhnold in Kiel, Germany.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?