Saturday 20 March 1937
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Elizabeth Gille and Helmut Recknagel.
Quality Street, directed by George Stevens, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1937.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 March 1937!
Which were the important events of 20 March 1937 ?
- Feast of St. Cuthbert, patron saint of Northumbria (died 704)
- Saint Alexandra
- Saint Herbert (died 687)
- Canberra Day
- Meat Out Day
- International Astrology Day
- New Year of Iranian Calendar: Norouz occurs on the vernal equinox.
- The second day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- The vernal equinox usually occurs on this day.
- Saint Wulfram (d.704)
- Elizabeth Gille: Writer translator / editor.
- Helmut Recknagel: Germany -- 90m ski jump (1960 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Jerry Reed in Atlanta: Georgia, USA; singer/actor ('Gator, Bat 21, Smokey and the Bandit).
- Joe Rivers: rocker (Johnnie and Joe).
- Mark Saville Queen's Council: British high court judge.
- Lois Lowry: American writer credited with more than thirty children's books and an autobiography. She has won two Newbery Medals, for "Number the Stars" in 1990 and "The Giver" in 1994. For her contribution as a children's writer, she was a finalist in 2000 (and U.S. nominee again in 2004) for the biennial, international Hans Christian Andersen Award, the highest recognition available to creators of children's books.
- Jerry Reed: American country western singer, songwriter, recording artist and actor. His songs include the hit "Amos Moses." He first appeared on TV on the "Glenn Campbell Show" in 4/1970. Reed's other films include "Smokey and the Bear," which he starred in with his pal Burt Reynolds. Years later, he did a guest spot on "Evening Shade," 1994. His TV series pilot, "Good Ol' Boys," aired on 7/07/1979, but was never picked up. Whippet thin with sparkling charm, he later gained weight and a look of dissipation
- Franco-offensive at Guadalajara Spain
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?