Saturday 20 March 1937
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Quality Street, directed by George Stevens, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 March 1937!
Which were the important events of 20 March 1937 ?
- Feast of St. Cuthbert, patron saint of Northumbria (died 704)
- Saint Alexandra
- Saint Herbert (died 687)
- Canberra Day
- Meat Out Day
- International Astrology Day
- New Year of Iranian Calendar: Norouz occurs on the vernal equinox.
- The second day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- The vernal equinox usually occurs on this day.
- Saint Wulfram (d.704)
- Elizabeth Gille: Writer translator / editor.
- Helmut Recknagel: Germany -- 90m ski jump (1960 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Lois Lowry: American writer credited with more than thirty children's books and an autobiography.
- Jerry Reed in Atlanta: Georgia, USA; singer/actor ('Gator, Bat 21, Smokey and the Bandit).
- Joe Rivers: rocker (Johnnie and Joe).
- Mark Saville Queen's Council: British high court judge.
- Jerry Reed: American country western singer, songwriter, recording artist and actor. His songs include the hit "Amos Moses." He first appeared on TV on the "Glenn Campbell Show" in 4/1970. Reed's other films include "Smokey and the Bear," which he starred in with his pal Burt Reynolds. Years later, he did a guest spot on "Evening Shade," 1994. His TV series pilot, "Good Ol' Boys," aired on 7/07/1979, but was never picked up. Whippet thin with sparkling charm, he later gained weight and a look of dissipation
- Franco-offensive at Guadalajara Spain
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 20 March 1937 and get them!