Monday 20 March 1939
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Midnight, directed by Mitchell Leisen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1939.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 March 1939!
Which were the important events of 20 March 1939 ?
- Feast of St. Cuthbert, patron saint of Northumbria (died 704)
- Saint Alexandra
- Saint Herbert (died 687)
- Canberra Day
- Meat Out Day
- International Astrology Day
- New Year of Iranian Calendar: Norouz occurs on the vernal equinox.
- The second day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- The vernal equinox usually occurs on this day.
- Saint Wulfram (d.704)
- Earl of: Seafield [Ginger]; English large landowner.
- Demetrious Mihalas: American astronomer and astrophysicist.
- Brian Mulroney: Canadian politician, elected the Deputy of Nova Scotia on 29 August 1983.
- Sam Wellington: American bass singer, a founding member of the award winning country music group, The Fabulous Four Guys, a harmony quartet which was among the Grand Ole Opry's regular cast of stars for more than thirty-two years, starting in 1967.
- Gerald Curran: American lawyer and politician (d. 2013).
- Don Edwards: American singer-songwriter and guitarist
- Walter Gehring: Swiss biologist and academic (d. 2014)
- 7,000 Jews flee German occupied Memel Lithuania.
- At an emergency meeting in London to deal with the Romanian crisis, French Foreign Minister Georges Bonnet suggests to Lord Halifax that the ideal state for saving Romania from a German attack is Poland.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?