Saturday 20 March 1943
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Naima Neidre and Paul Junger Witt.
Cabin in the Sky, directed by Vincente Minnelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 March 1943!
Which were the important events of 20 March 1943 ?
- Feast of St. Cuthbert, patron saint of Northumbria (died 704)
- Saint Alexandra
- Saint Herbert (died 687)
- Canberra Day
- Meat Out Day
- International Astrology Day
- New Year of Iranian Calendar: Norouz occurs on the vernal equinox.
- The second day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- The vernal equinox usually occurs on this day.
- Saint Wulfram (d.704)
- Naima Neidre: Estonian graphic artist.
- Paul Junger Witt: American TV producer.
- Beatrice Cori: Italian television presenter and model, who presented the award for Alan Sorrenti's song in the Eurovision Song Contest 1980.
- Danièle Gilbert: French television announcer and personality.
- Gerard Malanga: American poet and actor.
- Daniéle Gilbert: Clermont-Ferrand Journalist
- Douglas Tompkins: American businessman co-founded The North Face and Esprit Holdings (d. 2015)
- Paul Witt: American director and producer
- German U-384 bombed and sinks
- British offensive against Mareth-line.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 20 March 1943
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?