Monday 20 March 1944
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Falcon Out West, directed by William Clemens, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1944.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 March 1944!
Which were the important events of 20 March 1944 ?
- Feast of St. Cuthbert, patron saint of Northumbria (died 704)
- Saint Alexandra
- Saint Herbert (died 687)
- Canberra Day
- Meat Out Day
- International Astrology Day
- New Year of Iranian Calendar: Norouz occurs on the vernal equinox.
- The second day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- The vernal equinox usually occurs on this day.
- Saint Wulfram (d.704)
- John Cameron: English composer and conductor.
- Camille Cosby: American author producer and philanthropist.
- Alan Harper: English-Irish archbishop.
- Robert Evans: American accountant and CEO of Crane, products that solely supply Boeing Enterprises.
- Felix Woyrsch: Composer, dies at 83.
- Mount Vesuvius, Italy explodes.
- Bus falls off bridge into Passaic River, New Jersey, killing 16.
- WWII: RAF Flight Sergeant Nicholas Alkemade's bomber is hit over Germany, and he has to bail out without a parachute from a height of over 4,000ampnbspmeters. Tree branches interrupt his fall and he lands safely on deep snow.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1944 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- It's Love-Love-Love - Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?