Sunday 20 March 1949
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Chip Zien in Milwaukee and Marcia Ball.
Impact, directed by Arthur Lubin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
On TV people were watching Believe It or Not.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1949.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 March 1949!
Which were the important events of 20 March 1949 ?
- Feast of St. Cuthbert, patron saint of Northumbria (died 704)
- Saint Alexandra
- Saint Herbert (died 687)
- Canberra Day
- Meat Out Day
- International Astrology Day
- New Year of Iranian Calendar: Norouz occurs on the vernal equinox.
- The second day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- The vernal equinox usually occurs on this day.
- Saint Wulfram (d.704)
- Chip Zien in Milwaukee: Wisconsin, USA; actor (Love Sidney, Reggie).
- Marcia Ball: American singer and pianist.
- Richard Dowden: English journalist and educator.
- The Chicago, Burlington amp Quincy, Denver amp Rio Grande Western, and Western Pacific railroads inaugurate the ''California Zephyr'' passenger train between Chicago and Oakland, California, as the first long distance train to feature Vista Dome cars as regular equipment.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1949 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Forever and Ever - Russ Morgan & His Orchestra
- Perry Como - Forever and Ever
- A - You're Adorable (The Alphabet Song) - Jo Stafford & Gordon MacRae
- Cruising Down the River - Frankie Carle & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?