Monday 20 March 1950
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Stage Fright, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Parasites by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1950.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 March 1950!
Which were the important events of 20 March 1950 ?
- Feast of St. Cuthbert, patron saint of Northumbria (died 704)
- Saint Alexandra
- Saint Herbert (died 687)
- Canberra Day
- Meat Out Day
- International Astrology Day
- New Year of Iranian Calendar: Norouz occurs on the vernal equinox.
- The second day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- The vernal equinox usually occurs on this day.
- Saint Wulfram (d.704)
- William Hurt: American actor.
- Carl Palmer: English drummer and songwriter (Emerson Lake & Palmer Asia and Atomic Rooster).
- William Hurt in Washington DC actor (The Big Chill: Children of a Lesser God).
- Walter Eucken: German economist and father of ordoliberalism.
- The Polish government decides to confiscate the property of the Polish Catholic Church.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?