Thursday 20 March 1952
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Singin' in the Rain, directed by Stanley Donen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1952.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 March 1952!
Which were the important events of 20 March 1952 ?
- Feast of St. Cuthbert, patron saint of Northumbria (died 704)
- Saint Alexandra
- Saint Herbert (died 687)
- Canberra Day
- Meat Out Day
- International Astrology Day
- New Year of Iranian Calendar: Norouz occurs on the vernal equinox.
- The second day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- The vernal equinox usually occurs on this day.
- Saint Wulfram (d.704)
- Anand Armitraj: in India; tennis player (Brother of ViJay).
- Geoff Brabham: Australian race car driver.
- David Greenaway: English economist and academic.
- 24th Academy Awards: American in Paris, Humphrey Bogart and Vivian Leigh win.
- Final ratification of peace treaty restoring sovereignty to Japan
- US Senate ratifies peace treaty with Japan
- US Senate's final ratification of peace treaty restoring sovereignty to Japan.
- The United States Senate ratifies a peace treaty with Japan.
- The last two executions in The Netherlands take place.
- Dr. Kwame Nkrumah is elected Prime Minister of the Gold Coast.
- Tornadoes ravage the lower Mississippi River Valley, leaving 208 dead, through March 22.
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?