It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Send him/her your special wishes with this personalized page
Which were the important events of Saturday, 20 March 1954 ?
- Feast of St. Cuthbert, patron saint of Northumbria (died 704)
- Saint Alexandra
- Saint Herbert (died 687)
- Canberra Day
- Meat Out Day
- International Astrology Day
- New Year of Iranian Calendar: Norouz occurs on the vernal equinox.
- The second day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- The vernal equinox usually occurs on this day.
- Saint Wulfram (d.704)
Famous People born
Jim Seales in Hamilton
- King & I closes at St. James Theater NYC after 1246 performances
- 1st newspaper vending machine used (Columbia Pennsylvania)
- First newspaper vending machine used (Columbia, Pennsylvania).
- The King and I closes at Saint James Theater in New York City after 1246 performances.
: Alabama, USA; singer (Shenandoah - "Sunday in the South").
Charlie Simmer in Ontario
: Canada; NHL Left winger (Los Angeles Kings).
: American sports talk show host
: Greek journalist and politician
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1954 ?
What news were making the headlines those days in March 1954 ?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
by Daphne du Maurier
The highly anticipated reissue of the du Maurier classics American fans have been waiting for "Daphne du Maurier has no equal." Sunday Telegraph " Likely to rank as the author's best book."
Love Is Eternal
by Irving Stone
1954 Copyright: by Irving Stone- A novel of Mary Todd and Abraham Lincoln.
Naturally She Prefers Color Nice Zee Tissue (1954)
Convair Airplane Ad, Convair-Liner, Douglas DC-7 + (1954)
Scandinavian Airlines Systems Autumn tour of Europe Golden Autumn Tours of Europe (1954)
Tell the world why Saturday, 20 March 1954 is such a special date for you!