It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Send him/her your special wishes with this personalized page
Which were the important events of Saturday, 20 March 1954 ?
- Feast of St. Cuthbert, patron saint of Northumbria (died 704)
- Saint Alexandra
- Saint Herbert (died 687)
- Canberra Day
- Meat Out Day
- International Astrology Day
- New Year of Iranian Calendar: Norouz occurs on the vernal equinox.
- The second day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- The vernal equinox usually occurs on this day.
- Saint Wulfram (d.704)
Famous People born
Jim Seales in Hamilton
- King & I closes at St. James Theater NYC after 1246 performances
- 1st newspaper vending machine used (Columbia Pennsylvania)
- First newspaper vending machine used (Columbia, Pennsylvania).
- The King and I closes at Saint James Theater in New York City after 1246 performances.
: Alabama, USA; singer (Shenandoah - "Sunday in the South").
Charlie Simmer in Ontario
: Canada; NHL Left winger (Los Angeles Kings).
: American sports talk show host
: Greek journalist and politician
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1954 ?
What news were making the headlines those days in March 1954 ?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
The Mind Alive
by Harry Allen Overstreet and Bonaro W. Overstreet
1954. First Edition. W. W. Norton & Company, Inc.., 333 pages. 1 lb 6 oz. (Dark Green Hardcover with gold lettering spine).
The Spirit Of St. Louis
by Charles Lindbergh
Along with most of my fellow fliers, I believed that aviation had a brilliant future. Now we live, today, in our dreams of yesterday; and, living in those dreams, we dream [...]
Flying Saucers Have Landed
by Desmond Leslie and George Adamski
If Adamski and the six companions who swore an affidavit to his Space Man encounter are not trying to pull off a gigantic hoax, then this is quite possibly the greatest [...]
Tell the world why Saturday, 20 March 1954 is such a special date for you!