It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of Saturday, 20 March 1954 ?
- Feast of St. Cuthbert, patron saint of Northumbria (died 704)
- Saint Alexandra
- Saint Herbert (died 687)
- Canberra Day
- Meat Out Day
- International Astrology Day
- New Year of Iranian Calendar: Norouz occurs on the vernal equinox.
- The second day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- The vernal equinox usually occurs on this day.
- Saint Wulfram (d.704)
Famous People born
Jim Seales in Hamilton
- King & I closes at St. James Theater NYC after 1246 performances
- 1st newspaper vending machine used (Columbia Pennsylvania)
- First newspaper vending machine used (Columbia, Pennsylvania).
- The King and I closes at Saint James Theater in New York City after 1246 performances.
: Alabama, USA; singer (Shenandoah - "Sunday in the South").
Charlie Simmer in Ontario
: Canada; NHL Left winger (Los Angeles Kings).
: American sports talk show host
: Greek journalist and politician
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1954 ?
Esquire Magazine cover
Playboy Magazine cover
Star of the TV show 'Dragnet'
Not as a Stranger - Morton Thompson
Mary Anne - Daphne du Maurier
Love Is Eternal - Irving Stone
The Royal Box - Frances Parkinson Keyes
Evinrude Outboard Boat Motor Sailboat (1954)
Chevrolet Car (1954)
TWA Airline Travel Guides to Europe (1954)
Tell the world why Saturday, 20 March 1954 is such a special date for you!