It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Send him/her your special wishes with this personalized page
Which were the important events of Saturday, 20 March 1954 ?
- Feast of St. Cuthbert, patron saint of Northumbria (died 704)
- Saint Alexandra
- Saint Herbert (died 687)
- Canberra Day
- Meat Out Day
- International Astrology Day
- New Year of Iranian Calendar: Norouz occurs on the vernal equinox.
- The second day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- The vernal equinox usually occurs on this day.
- Saint Wulfram (d.704)
Famous People born
Jim Seales in Hamilton
- King & I closes at St. James Theater NYC after 1246 performances
- 1st newspaper vending machine used (Columbia Pennsylvania)
- First newspaper vending machine used (Columbia, Pennsylvania).
- The King and I closes at Saint James Theater in New York City after 1246 performances.
: Alabama, USA; singer (Shenandoah - "Sunday in the South").
Charlie Simmer in Ontario
: Canada; NHL Left winger (Los Angeles Kings).
: American sports talk show host
: Greek journalist and politician
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1954 ?
What news were making the headlines those days in March 1954 ?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
by Daphne du Maurier
The highly anticipated reissue of the du Maurier classics American fans have been waiting for "Daphne du Maurier has no equal." Sunday Telegraph " Likely to rank as the author's best book."
Love Is Eternal
by Irving Stone
1954 Copyright: by Irving Stone- A novel of Mary Todd and Abraham Lincoln.
The Royal Box
by Frances Parkinson Keyes
1954 Julian Messner hardcover, Frances Parkinson Keyes (Crescent Carnival). A mystery in which an American diplomat is poisoned in the royal box at London's Ellen Terry Theater.
Sessions Aquarius Clock Tourniquet Design (1954)
Bob Hilbert (1954)
Old Gold Cigarettes with Parakeets (1954)
Tell the world why Saturday, 20 March 1954 is such a special date for you!