Saturday 20 March 1954
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK I See The Moon by The Stargazers was in the top 5 hits.
La Ronde, directed by Max Ophls, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not As A Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1954.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 March 1954!
Which were the important events of 20 March 1954 ?
- Feast of St. Cuthbert, patron saint of Northumbria (died 704)
- Saint Alexandra
- Saint Herbert (died 687)
- Canberra Day
- Meat Out Day
- International Astrology Day
- New Year of Iranian Calendar: Norouz occurs on the vernal equinox.
- The second day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- The vernal equinox usually occurs on this day.
- Saint Wulfram (d.704)
- Patrick Abada: French pole vaulter.
- Yamina Bachir: Algerian director and screenwriter.
- Mike Francesa: American sports talk show host.
- Liana Kanelli: Greek journalist and politician.
- Paul Mirabella: American baseball player.
- Jim Seales in Hamilton: Alabama, USA; singer (Shenandoah - "Sunday in the South").
- Charlie Simmer in Ontario: Canada; NHL Left winger (Los Angeles Kings).
- Louis Sachar: Children's Author
- King & I closes at St. James Theater NYC after 1246 performances
- 1st newspaper vending machine used (Columbia Pennsylvania)
- First newspaper vending machine used (Columbia, Pennsylvania).
- The King and I closes at Saint James Theater in New York City after 1246 performances.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1954 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?