Wednesday 20 March 1957
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Young Love by Tab Hunter.
Heaven Knows, Mr. Allison, directed by John Huston, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Scapegoat by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1957.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 March 1957!
Which were the important events of 20 March 1957 ?
- Feast of St. Cuthbert, patron saint of Northumbria (died 704)
- Saint Alexandra
- Saint Herbert (died 687)
- Canberra Day
- Meat Out Day
- International Astrology Day
- New Year of Iranian Calendar: Norouz occurs on the vernal equinox.
- The second day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- The vernal equinox usually occurs on this day.
- Saint Wulfram (d.704)
- Elizabeth Bourgine: French actress, she won the Romy Schneider Prize in 1985.
- Spike Lee: Director.
- Vanessa Bell Calloway: American actress.
- Vanessa Calloway: American actress dancer and producer.
- David Foster: Australian wood chopper.
- Theresa Russell: American actress
- Chris Wedge: American animator producer screenwriter and voice actor
- Jean Castaneda: French football player of Spanish descent, he played for A.S. St-Etienne, for Olympique de Marseille, and for the french team, as goalkeeper. Retired, he was a coach.
- Spike Lee in Atlanta: Georgia, USA; director (Mo Better Blues, Jungle Fever, Malcolm X).
- Theresa Russell [Paup] in San Diego: California, USA; actress (Black Widow, Straight Time, Razor's Edge).
- Britain accepts NATO offer to mediate in Cyprus, but Greece rejects it.
- The French newspaper ''L'Express'' reveals that the French army tortures Algerian prisoners.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1957 ?
Top #9 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?