Friday 20 March 1959
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Venus by Frankie Avalon.
In UK As I Love You by Shirley Bassey was in the top 5 hits.
Al Capone, directed by Richard Wilson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while The Ugly American by William J. Lederer and Eugene Burdick was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1959.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 March 1959!
Which were the important events of 20 March 1959 ?
- Feast of St. Cuthbert, patron saint of Northumbria (died 704)
- Saint Alexandra
- Saint Herbert (died 687)
- Canberra Day
- Meat Out Day
- International Astrology Day
- New Year of Iranian Calendar: Norouz occurs on the vernal equinox.
- The second day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- The vernal equinox usually occurs on this day.
- Saint Wulfram (d.704)
- Sting : American professional wrestler.
- Nalini Ambady: Indian-American psychologist and academic (d. 2013).
- Dave Beasant: English footballer and coach.
- Mary Roach: American author.
- Jean-François Abgrall: French gendarme, famous for his investigation of the serial killer Francis Heaulme.
- Michael Whouley: American political operative who is credited with John Kerry’s come-from-behind win in the Iowa caucuses in January 2004. Whouley prefers to remain in the background but is well known in political circles for his talents as a strategist and get-it-done kind of guy. He has been a senior advisor on Democratic political campaigns for well over 12 years and he is a principal consultant of the Dewey Square Group, billed by the Washington Post as “one of the country's foremost experts in so-called gra
- Steve McFadden: Soap Opera Actor
- Steve Borden: Wrestler
- Dale Reid: Ladybank, Scotland -- LPGA golfer (European Solheim Cup team)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?