Sunday 20 March 1960
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of March people in US were listening to The Theme From A Summer Place by Percy Faith.
In UK Running Bear by Johnny Preston was in the top 5 hits.
The Cranes are Flying, directed by Mikhail Kalatozov, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1960.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 March 1960!
Which were the important events of 20 March 1960 ?
- Feast of St. Cuthbert, patron saint of Northumbria (died 704)
- Saint Alexandra
- Saint Herbert (died 687)
- Canberra Day
- Meat Out Day
- International Astrology Day
- New Year of Iranian Calendar: Norouz occurs on the vernal equinox.
- The second day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- The vernal equinox usually occurs on this day.
- Saint Wulfram (d.704)
- Benoît Duteurtre: French novelist, essayist, musical critic, musician, producer and host of a radio show about music.
- Norm Magnusson: American painter and sculptor.
- Norbert Pohlmann: German computer scientist and academic.
- Yuri Shargin: Russian colonel engineer and astronaut.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Percy Faith - The Theme From A Summer Place
- Jim Reeves - He'll Have To Go
- Bobby Rydell - Wild One
- Jimmy Jones - Handy Man
- Jack Scott - What In The World's Come Over You
- Dinah Washington - Baby (You've Got What It Takes)
- Mark Dinning - Teen Angel
- Bobby Darin - Beyond The Sea
- Paul Anka - Puppy Love
- The Platters - Harbor Lights
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?