Monday 20 March 1967
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bryan Genesse and Dana Rinehart Dalton in Orlando.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Happy Together by The Turtles.
In UK Release Me by Engelbert Humperdinck was in the top 5 hits.
Thoroughly Modern Millie, directed by George Roy Hill, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Secret Of Santa Vittoria by Robert Crichton was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 March 1967!
Which were the important events of 20 March 1967 ?
- Feast of St. Cuthbert, patron saint of Northumbria (died 704)
- Saint Alexandra
- Saint Herbert (died 687)
- Canberra Day
- Meat Out Day
- International Astrology Day
- New Year of Iranian Calendar: Norouz occurs on the vernal equinox.
- The second day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- The vernal equinox usually occurs on this day.
- Saint Wulfram (d.704)
- Bryan Genesse: Actor (Rocco - Bold and the Beautiful, Grady-Street Justice).
- Dana Rinehart Dalton in Orlando: Florida, USA; Miss Florida-America (1990).
- Randy Gullatt: horse trainer.
- Xavier Beauvois: French actor, film director and screenwriter.
- Mookie Blaylock: American basketball player, a guard for the Golden State Warriors.
- A J: F Moody is first US Army General to die in Vietnam.
- Supremes release The Happening
- WOET (now WPTD) TV channel 16 in Dayton, OH (PBS) begins broadcasting
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 20 March 1967
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Turtles - Happy Together
- The Mama's & The Papa's - Dedicated To The One I Love
- The Beatles - Penny Lane
- Herman's Hermits - There's A Kind Of Hush
- Johnny Rivers - Baby I Need Your Lovin'
- Mitch Ryder - Sock It To Me - Baby!
- The Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth (Stop, Hey What's That Sound)
- Ed Ames - My Cup Runneth Over
- The Supremes - Love Is Here And Now You're Gone
- The Rolling Stones - Ruby Tuesday
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?