Wednesday 20 March 1968
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Eric Viscaal and Jurgen Rumrich in Miesbach.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to (Sittin' On) The Dock Of The Bay by Otis Redding.
In UK Cinderella Rockefella by Esther & Abi Ofarim was in the top 5 hits.
Stay Away, Joe, directed by Peter Tewksbury, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Confessions Of Nat Turner by William Styron was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Starparade.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1968.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 March 1968!
Which were the important events of 20 March 1968 ?
- Feast of St. Cuthbert, patron saint of Northumbria (died 704)
- Saint Alexandra
- Saint Herbert (died 687)
- Canberra Day
- Meat Out Day
- International Astrology Day
- New Year of Iranian Calendar: Norouz occurs on the vernal equinox.
- The second day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- The vernal equinox usually occurs on this day.
- Saint Wulfram (d.704)
- Eric Viscaal: Dutch soccer star (PSV / AA Gent).
- Jurgen Rumrich in Miesbach: Germany; hockey forward (Team Germany 1998).
- Sheree Megan Higgins in Matamata: New Zealand; golfer (1991 Bridgestone).
- A J Jacobs: American journalist and author.
- Philippe Croizon: French athlete and the first quadruple amputee to swim across the English Channel.
- Carlos Almeida: Cape Verdean runner
- Ultra Naté: American singer-songwriter and producer
- A Jacobs: American journalist and author
- Paul Merson: English footballer and manager
- Liza Snyder: American actress
- LBJ signs a bill removing gold backing from US paper money
- Military intervenes in South-Yemen (leftist ministers resign).
- US President Lyndon Johnson signs a bill removing gold backing from US paper money.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Otis Redding - (Sittin' On) The Dock Of The Bay
- Paul Mauriat and His Orchestra - Love Is Blue (L'Amour Est Bleu)
- Dionne Warwick - (Theme From) Valley Of The Dolls
- 1910 Fruitgum Company - Simon Says
- First Edition - Just Dropped In (To See What Condition My Condition Was In)
- The Delfonics - La - La Means I Love You
- The Monkees - Valleri
- Aretha Franklin - (Sweet Sweet Baby) Since You've Been Gone
- Sam & Dave - I Thank You
- Georgie Fame - The Ballad Of Bonnie And Clyde
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?