Thursday 20 March 1969
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Dizzy by Tommy Roe.
In UK Where Do You Go To (My Lovely) by Peter Sarstedt was in the top 5 hits.
Support Your Local Sheriff!, directed by Burt Kennedy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Salzburg Connection by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1969.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 March 1969!
Which were the important events of 20 March 1969 ?
- Feast of St. Cuthbert, patron saint of Northumbria (died 704)
- Saint Alexandra
- Saint Herbert (died 687)
- Canberra Day
- Meat Out Day
- International Astrology Day
- New Year of Iranian Calendar: Norouz occurs on the vernal equinox.
- The second day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- The vernal equinox usually occurs on this day.
- Saint Wulfram (d.704)
- Fabien Galthié: French rugby player, a member of the French rugby team 1999, playing as scrum half (half back).
- Thang Thanh Nguyen in Soc Trang: Vietnam; murderer (FBI Most Wanted).
- Konstantine Starikovitch in Podolsk: Russia; 238 pounds US weightlifter (Olympics-1996).
- Paul Atkinson: jockey.
- Caroline Brunet: Quebec City, Quebec -- Kayaker (1996 Olympics - Silver Medalist).
- Yvette Cooper: English economist and politician Secretary of State for Work and Pensions
- Mannie Fresh: American rapper and producer (Big Tymers)
- Jean Labonté: Canadian sledge hockey player
- Tamás Nádas: Hungarian pilot (d. 2014)
- Cécile Brossard: French mistress who shot dead her billionaire lover, Édouard Stern, during a bondage session in Switzerland on 28 February 2005.
- Sharon Manning: WNBA center / forward (Charlotte Sting)
- Henri Longchambon: French lawyer and politician (d. 1969).
- Beatle John Lennon marries Yoko Ono in Gibraltar
- US President Richard Nixon proclaims he will end Vietnam war in 1970.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Tommy Roe - Dizzy
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Proud Mary
- Classics IV - Traces
- The Foundations - Build Me Up Buttercup
- 1910 Fruitgum Co. - Indian Giver
- The Zombies - Time Of The Season
- Dionne Warwick - This Girl's In Love With You
- Sly & the Family Stone - Everyday People
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Crimson And Clover
- The Temptations - Run Away Child, Running Wild
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?