Tuesday 20 March 1973
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Norman Tome and Jane March in Edgeware.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Love Train by The O'Jays.
In UK Cum On Feel The Noize by Slade was in the top 5 hits.
Sisters, directed by Brian De Palma, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Lizzie Dripping.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Space Race or TREK73.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 March 1973!
Which were the important events of 20 March 1973 ?
- Feast of St. Cuthbert, patron saint of Northumbria (died 704)
- Saint Alexandra
- Saint Herbert (died 687)
- Canberra Day
- Meat Out Day
- International Astrology Day
- New Year of Iranian Calendar: Norouz occurs on the vernal equinox.
- The second day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- The vernal equinox usually occurs on this day.
- Saint Wulfram (d.704)
- Norman Tome: Australian soccer striker (Olyroos, Olympics - 1996).
- Jane March in Edgeware: England; actress (Lover).
- Harry Roselmack: French radio and TV journalist of Martiniquan descent.
- Magnar Freimuth: Estonian skier.
- Natalya Khrushcheleva: Russian runner.
- Jane March: English model and actress
- Jung Woo-sung: South Korean actor and director
- Cedric Yarbrough: American actor
- Roberto Clemente elected to Hall of Fame, 11 weeks after his death.
- A British government White Paper on Northern Ireland proposes the re-establishment of an Assembly elected by proportional representation, with a possible All-Ireland council.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 20 March 1973
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The O'Jays - Love Train
- Roberta Flack - Killing Me Softly With His Song
- Deodato - Also Sprach Zarathustra (2001)
- Gladys Knight and the Pips - Neither One Of Us (Wants To Be The First To Say Goodbye)
- Edward Bear - Last Song
- Dr. Hook - The Cover Of Rolling Stone
- Deliverance - Dueling Banjos
- Anne Murray - Danny's Song
- The Stylistics - Break Up To Make Up
- Four Tops - Ain't No Woman (Like The One I've Got)
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?