Sunday 20 March 1983
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Billie Jean by Michael Jackson.
In UK Total Eclipse Of The Heart by Bonnie Tyler was in the top 5 hits.
Bad Boys, directed by Rick Rosenthal, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1983
while The Little Drummer Girl by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 March 1983!
Which were the important events of 20 March 1983 ?
- Feast of St. Cuthbert, patron saint of Northumbria (died 704)
- Saint Alexandra
- Saint Herbert (died 687)
- Canberra Day
- Meat Out Day
- International Astrology Day
- New Year of Iranian Calendar: Norouz occurs on the vernal equinox.
- The second day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- The vernal equinox usually occurs on this day.
- Saint Wulfram (d.704)
- James McGonagle: American fatality of a car accident in British Columbia, Canada on 11/17/2002.
- Ivan Matveyevich Vinogradov: Russian mathematician (Born 1891).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1983 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Michael Jackson - Billie Jean
- Bob Seger - Shame On The Moon
- Culture Club - Do You Really Want To Hurt Me
- Duran Duran - Hungry Like The Wolf
- Styx - Mr. Roboto
- Lionel Richie - You Are
- The Pretenders - Back On The Chain Gang
- Kenny Rogers - We've Got Tonight
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - One On One
- Journey - Separate Ways (Worlds Apart)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 20 March 1983 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?