Saturday 20 March 2010
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Break Your Heart by Taio Cruz.
How to Train Your Dragon, directed by Dean DeBlois, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2010.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 March 2010!
Which were the important events of 20 March 2010 ?
- Feast of St. Cuthbert, patron saint of Northumbria (died 704)
- Saint Alexandra
- Saint Herbert (died 687)
- Canberra Day
- Meat Out Day
- International Astrology Day
- New Year of Iranian Calendar: Norouz occurs on the vernal equinox.
- The second day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- The vernal equinox usually occurs on this day.
- Saint Wulfram (d.704)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 20 March
- A series of severe sandstorms hit north China, affecting the regions of Xinjiang and Inner Mongolia and the provinces of Shanxi, Shaanxi and Hebei. (China Daily)
- Death of Girija Prasad Koirala:
- Former Prime Minister and Acting Head of State of Nepal Girija Prasad Koirala, ampquotthe elder statesman of South Asiaampquot who brought down the King, dies in Kathmandu at the age of 86. (BBC)
- The government declares a national day of mourning for his funeral. (''The Washington Post'')
- Child sex abuse in the Catholic Church:
- The Pope's special pastoral letter to Irish Catholics on the issue of child sex abuse within the Church is published by the Vatican but fails to impress some survivors organisations. (CNN)
- The Swiss Catholic Church investigates its own sex allegations, including some said to have occurred since 2001. (Reuters)
- Middle East:
- A Palestinian teenager is killed, and another wounded by Israeli Security Forces. According to Israeli authorities, a mob of Palestinians were holding a ampquotviolent, illegal riotampquot, and were approaching an Israeli settlement in a ampquotthreatening matterampquot, and were dispersed by tear gas and rubber bullets. Israel promises an investigation into the incident. (Yahoo! News)
- Major politicians in the United States urge in a letter addressed to United States Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton to resolve tensions with Israel ampquotquietly, in trust and confidence, as befits longstanding strategic alliesampquot. (''The Jerusalem Post'')
- Four people are charged with spying for Israel in Lebanon and admit being recruited by Mossad two of them flee to Israel Israel does not comment. (Press Trust of India)
- Unidentified gunmen assassinate Sheikh Daud Ali Hasan, a senior commander of the Al-Shabab militant group in the southern city of Kismayo, Somalia. (African Press Agency)
- Thousands of Russians demonstrate across the country against the policies of the government of Prime Minister Vladimir Putin. (BBC)
- A severe sandstorm affecting northern parts of China hits the capital Beijing, with health authorities urging people to stay inside. (Bernama)
- Cabin crew at British Airways begin a three-day strike. (''The Guardian'')
- 67 people are arrested and several people are injured during a clash between members of the English Defence League and Unite Against Fascism in the town centre of Bolton, UK. (''The Times'')
- A Western Saharan human rights campaigner alleges abuse by Moroccan police after being interviewed by the BBC for their ''Tropic of Cancer'' programme. (BBC)
- Hundreds of thousands of people attend a rally in support of Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi in Rome ahead of this month's elections. (Reuters)
- A teenager is arrested in New Jersey, United States in connection with the recent Wal-Mart announcement telling ampquotall blacksampquot to leave the shop. (''The New York Times'')
- David Bowie and Sir Elton John are among those to publicly mourn the death of Lesley Duncan, who also appeared on albums by Pink Floyd and Dusty Springfield. (''The Scotsman'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 2010 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?