Wednesday 20 May 1908
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Resa Stockholm-Göteborg genom Göta och Trollhätte kanaler, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1908.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 May 1908!
Which were the important events of 20 May 1908 ?
- Saint Austregisilus
- Saint Lucifer
- Saint Theodore of Pavia
- Saint Bernardine of Siena
- East Timor National Day.
- Cameroon National Day.
- Saint Ivo of Chartres
- Louis Daquin: French actor and director (d. 1980).
- Francis Fosberg: American botanist and author (d. 1993).
- Mario Ricci: Italy Military man.
- Jimmy Stewart: American famous and beloved star and actor of TV and film, with a multitude of achievements.
- James Stewart: American actor (d. 1997).
- The Aldrich-Vreeland Act alters security deposit requirements for national banks.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1908 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Jimmie and Maggie at The Merry Widow - Len Spencer & Ada Jones
- The Glow-Worm - Victor Orchestra
- My Gal Irene - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in May 1908?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?