Thursday 20 May 1920
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Flapper, directed by Alan Crosland, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1920.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 May 1920!
Which were the important events of 20 May 1920 ?
- Saint Austregisilus
- Saint Lucifer
- Saint Theodore of Pavia
- Saint Bernardine of Siena
- East Timor National Day.
- Cameroon National Day.
- Saint Ivo of Chartres
- Virginia Vale: American film actress who starred in a number of B-movie Westerns but took a variety of other roles as well, notably in Blonde Comet (1941), in which she played a race car driver.
- William Simpson: British trade union leader.
- John Cruickshank: Scottish lieutenant and banker Victoria Cross recipient.
- Betty Driver: English actress and singer (d. 2011).
- Jacques Corriol: Vincennes physician.
- Owen Smith: American pole vaulter. He won gold at 1948 Olympic games. He died on 20 January 2004.
- Montreal, Quebec radio station XWA broadcasts the first regularly scheduled radio programming in North America.
- Mexican Revolution: Venustiano Carranza arrives in San Antonio Tlaxcalantongo. Troops of Rodolfo Herrero attack him at night and shoot him.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1920 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Irene - Edith Day
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?