Friday 20 May 1927
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include David Frederick Barlow and Walter Aschaffenburg.
Wings, directed by William A. Wellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 May 1927!
Which were the important events of 20 May 1927 ?
- Saint Austregisilus
- Saint Lucifer
- Saint Theodore of Pavia
- Saint Bernardine of Siena
- East Timor National Day.
- Cameroon National Day.
- Saint Ivo of Chartres
- David Frederick Barlow: Composer.
- Walter Aschaffenburg: Composer.
- [Harold] Bud Grant in Wisconsin: USA; Canadian Football League/NFL player/coach (Winnipeg Blue Bombers, Minnesota Vikings).
- David Hedison in Providence: Rhode Island, USA; actor (The Colbys, Voyage to Bottom of Sea).
- José Artur: French radio host, he presented his own program "Pop Club" from 1965 to 2005 on the national station France Inter.
- Gabriel Camps: French historian, founder of the Encyclopédie berbère and considered a prestigious scholar in Berber historical studies.
- Jose Artur: France Actor
- Bud Grant: American football player and coach
- David Hedison: American actor
- Franciszek Macharski: Polish Catholic cardinal
- At 7:40 AM, Lindbergh takes off from New York to cross Atlantic for Paris
- At 07:52 Charles Lindbergh takes off from Roosevelt Field in Long Island, New York, on the world's first solo non-stop flight across the Atlantic Ocean. He touched down at Le Bourget Field in Paris at 22:22 the next day.
- Treaty of Jedda: the United Kingdom recognizes the sovereignty of King Ibn Saud in the Kingdoms of Hejaz and Nejd, which later merge to become the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?