Friday 20 May 1927
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Wings, directed by William A. Wellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 May 1927!
Which were the important events of 20 May 1927 ?
- Saint Austregisilus
- Saint Lucifer
- Saint Theodore of Pavia
- Saint Bernardine of Siena
- East Timor National Day.
- Cameroon National Day.
- Saint Ivo of Chartres
- José Artur: French radio host, he presented his own program "Pop Club" from 1965 to 2005 on the national station France Inter.
- [Harold] Bud Grant in Wisconsin: USA; Canadian Football League/NFL player/coach (Winnipeg Blue Bombers, Minnesota Vikings).
- Bud Grant: American football player and coach.
- David Hedison: American actor.
- Franciszek Macharski: Polish Catholic cardinal.
- Jose Artur: France Actor
- David Hedison in Providence: Rhode Island, USA; actor (The Colbys, Voyage to Bottom of Sea).
- Gabriel Camps: French historian, founder of the Encyclopédie berbère and considered a prestigious scholar in Berber historical studies.
- David Frederick Barlow: Composer
- Walter Aschaffenburg: Composer
- At 7:40 AM, Lindbergh takes off from New York to cross Atlantic for Paris
- At 07:52 Charles Lindbergh takes off from Roosevelt Field in Long Island, New York, on the world's first solo non-stop flight across the Atlantic Ocean. He touched down at Le Bourget Field in Paris at 22:22 the next day.
- Treaty of Jedda: the United Kingdom recognizes the sovereignty of King Ibn Saud in the Kingdoms of Hejaz and Nejd, which later merge to become the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?