Saturday 20 May 1939
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
It's a Wonderful World, directed by W.S. Van Dyke II, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1939.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 May 1939!
Which were the important events of 20 May 1939 ?
- Saint Austregisilus
- Saint Lucifer
- Saint Theodore of Pavia
- Saint Bernardine of Siena
- East Timor National Day.
- Cameroon National Day.
- Saint Ivo of Chartres
- Balu Mahendra: Sri Lankan-Indian director cinematographer and screenwriter (d. 2014).
- John Younger: Scottish politician Lord Lieutenant of Tweeddale.
- Bruce Beasley: American sculptor, he has worked in metal, wood, stone and acrylic.
- Joe Carr: NFL hall of famer / NFL President (1921-39), dies at 59.
- 3 Little Fishies, by Kay Kyser hits #1
- 1st regular transatlantic airmail (NY to Marsseille France)
- Pan Am begins regular transatlantic airmail and passenger service across the North Atlantic.
- Pan-American Airways begins trans-Atlantic mail service with the inaugural flight of its Yankee Clipper from Port Washington, New York.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?