Tuesday 20 May 1941
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Blood and Sand, directed by Rouben Mamoulian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1941.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 May 1941!
Which were the important events of 20 May 1941 ?
- Saint Austregisilus
- Saint Lucifer
- Saint Theodore of Pavia
- Saint Bernardine of Siena
- East Timor National Day.
- Cameroon National Day.
- Saint Ivo of Chartres
- Goh Tong: Singaporean politician 2nd Prime Minister of Singapore.
- John Strasberg: American actor.
- Goh Chok Tong: Singaporean Senior Minister.
- Goh Chok: Sole; premier of Singapore (1990-).
- Maria Liberia-Peters: premier of Dutch Antilles (198?-93).
- Raymond Forni: French Socialist politician, member of the Socialist Party. His political career started in 1971 when he became municipal council. In 1973, he was elected as deputy of Territoire de Belfort département. He got reelected four times consecutively, until 2002. He was President of the National Assembly from 2000 to 2002. He was president of the Franche-Comté regional council from 2 April 2004 until his death in Paris on 5 January 2008, at the age of 66, of leukaemia.
- Jean-Pierre Grallet: French Catholic bishop, a Franciscan and archbishop of Strasbourg since 2007.
- Germany invades Crete
- White Sox Taft Wright sets AL record of RBIs in 13 consecutive games
- Former Dutch Prime Minister Colijn says Netherlands Indies not ready for independence.
- World War II: Battle of Crete : German paratroops invade Crete.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?