Saturday 20 May 1950
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Christoph Schubert-Weller and Andy Johns.
The Asphalt Jungle, directed by John Huston, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Cardinal by Henry Morton Robinson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 May 1950!
Which were the important events of 20 May 1950 ?
- Saint Austregisilus
- Saint Lucifer
- Saint Theodore of Pavia
- Saint Bernardine of Siena
- East Timor National Day.
- Cameroon National Day.
- Saint Ivo of Chartres
- Christoph Schubert-Weller: German astrologer; PhD in social sciences.
- Andy Johns: English-American engineer and producer (d. 2013).
- Yvon Lambert: Canadian ice hockey player.
- Reinaldo Merlo: Argentinian footballer and coach.
- 76th Preakness: Eddie Arcaro aboard Hill Prince wins in 1:59.2.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 20 May 1950
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1950 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Bewitched - Harmonicats (Jan August Orchestra)
- I Don't Care if the Sun Don't Shine - Patti Page
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?