Thursday 20 May 1954
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Secret Love by Doris Day was in the top 5 hits.
The High and the Mighty, directed by William A. Wellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not As A Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1954.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 May 1954!
Which were the important events of 20 May 1954 ?
- Saint Austregisilus
- Saint Lucifer
- Saint Theodore of Pavia
- Saint Bernardine of Siena
- East Timor National Day.
- Cameroon National Day.
- Saint Ivo of Chartres
- Robert Walle: Belgian Judo champion and first to compete in five Olympic games.
- Shirley Garuti: American victim of apparent domestic violence.
- Galina Vasilyevna Amelkina: Russia -- Doctor / Cosmonaut.
- Guy Hoffman: American singer drummer and composer (Violent Femmes Oil Tasters and BoDeans).
- David Paterson: American lawyer and politician 55th Governor of New York.
- Colin Sutherland: Lord Carloway Scottish lawyer and judge
- Robert Van de Walle: Belgian martial artist
- James Henderson: country singer (Black Oak Arkansas).
- Cindy McCain: American philanthropist and spouse of noted politician, John S. McCain. Cindy is the only child of a wealthy Anheuser-Busch beer distributor and his wife though her parents each had a daughter from their previous marriages. She grew up in a privileged household and inherited her dad's fortune.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1954 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?