Friday 20 May 1955
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Stranger In Paradise by Tony Bennett was in the top 5 hits.
Love Me or Leave Me, directed by Charles Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while No Time For Sergeants by Mac Hyman was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1955.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 May 1955!
Which were the important events of 20 May 1955 ?
- Saint Austregisilus
- Saint Lucifer
- Saint Theodore of Pavia
- Saint Bernardine of Siena
- East Timor National Day.
- Cameroon National Day.
- Saint Ivo of Chartres
- Steve George: rock keyboardist (Mr Mister).
- Diego Abatantuono: Italian cinema and theatre actor, and screenwriter.
- Nigel Griffiths: Scottish politician, a Member of Parliament, Labour representative for Edinburgh South.
- Jackie Robinson: major league baseball player (Brooklyn Dodgers 1947, Hall of Fame), dies of heart disease at age 53 at his home in Stamford, Connecticut.
- Anton Corbijn: Dutch photographer and director.
- Argentine parliament accepts separation of church and state.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1955 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?