Wednesday 20 May 1964
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Joseph Sinnott Edwards and Todd Peat.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to My Guy by Mary Wells.
In UK Don't Throw Your Love Away by The Searchers was in the top 5 hits.
Le Trou, directed by Jacques Becker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Horizon.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 May 1964!
Which were the important events of 20 May 1964 ?
- Saint Austregisilus
- Saint Lucifer
- Saint Theodore of Pavia
- Saint Bernardine of Siena
- East Timor National Day.
- Cameroon National Day.
- Saint Ivo of Chartres
- Joseph Sinnott Edwards: Chicago, Illinois -- Murderer (FBI Most Wanted List).
- Todd Peat: WLAF guard (Frankfurt Galaxy).
- Earl Charles Spencer in Sandringham: England; brother of Princess Diana.
- Jeff Schwarz US baseball pitcher (California Angels: Chicago White Sox).
- Paul W Richards in Scranton: Pennsylvania, USA; astronaut.
- Charles Spencer: British aristocracy, the Earl of Spencer and brother of Princess Diana. He lives on Althorp, a 10,000 acre estate near Great Brington.
- Kōichirō Genba: Japanese politician 80th Japanese Minister for Foreign Affairs
- Edin Osmanović: Slovenian footballer coach and manager
- Buster Mathis defeats Joe Frazier to qualify for US Olympic team.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 20 May 1964
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Mary Wells - My Guy
- The Beatles - Love Me Do
- Louis Armstrong - Hello, Dolly!
- The Dixie Cups - Chapel Of Love
- Ray Charles Singers - Love Me With All Your Heart (Cuando Calienta El Sol)
- The Dave Clark Five - Bits And Pieces
- The Reflections - (Just Like) Romeo And Juliet
- The 4 Seasons - Ronnie
- Roy Orbison - It's Over
- Peter and Gordon - A World Without Love
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?